13 November 2009

One Stitch At A Time...


When I was 16, my mom pieced this quilt top for me. I was so inspired, I decided I would hand stitch the entire quilt -- with a daisy pattern no less. I had no idea what scale of a project I'd begun. Six years later, I have actually finished it! When I finally decided to take it a little at a time rather than trying to finish a major portion in a single sitting, I started really making headway. In fact, over half was sewn in the past 6 months!
Here's a close-up of the pattern I stitched on each square. I am so glad now that I stuck with it. I have helped create a piece of timeless beauty, and I hope to have it for decades -- or even better -- generations.
Somehow it makes me feel like more of myself to participate in creating something that may outlast me...and it's only the beginning.

2 comments:

Marie said...

This quilt and your new blog are beautiful! I love the quilts mix of a classic and contemporary feel. That is just the type of thing I would love to do with quilting someday! Thanks so much for sending me the link.

Kyla said...

What a delightful compliment Marie! Thanks, you sweetie you!