18 November 2009

The Finer Things in Life

My soul floats on the melodies brought into my consciousness by the resounding testimony of my dad's voice. Inspired to fly, I take up my own wings of song, and slip away into the felicity of singing.

The vistas within this sphere are unparalleled, and each new tune unfolds new scenes. For hours I wander, visiting rugged peaks, familiar fields, and living streams. Thick textures of darkness define deep chasms, isolated in their secretive gift to the world. Then mounting up, I ascend to embrace the sun, and my heart is pierced by shafts of brilliant glory.

I am overcome by the beauty. I wonder, how is it that I am invited to share in it? Such divinity is not designed for mere mortal souls. But I am no casual wanderer; I was created for such heights as these.

No comments: