03 April 2010

A Friend Loveth at All Times

Beauty offers healing. I've been finding instances all over of the truth of this statement, and I keep feeling the delight of how it assists my own healing while providing me with an opportunity to serve.

It all began around November, when my family decided to do a "home made Christmas" this year. I was astounded by the creativity and skill exhibited by each member of my family, and I loved exploring my own imagination through the process of loving creation. Truly, I enjoyed it so greatly that I took up even more projects after the holidays ended: crochet, embroidery, sewing, and cooking began to adorn my days. There were a few cooking exploits that have attained a particular level of fame, for those who were able to participate in their consumption...

My most favorite part of these endeavors is the design process. Each new concept is designed specifically for someone, not just ars gratis artis. As I first conceive, then carry out each idea, my eagerness to give it grows and grows. Anticipating how my gift will be received fuels my desire to finish even the most grueling tasks, and makes every moment of work precious. How glad I am to have a mama who teaches me these little skills! They provide for me some of the highest excellencies this life affords, because they enable me to share in human love.

No comments: